You are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

[–] Saulspergmin 0 points 29 points (+29|-0) ago  (edited ago)

Heck, I'd say free college for all is meaningless, period. College is supposed to be for people who can actually learn and apply complex information. It is necessarily elitist. Access to higher education must be rationed one way or another lest you waste huge amounts of time and money on people who will gain nothing from it and consequently not give anything back to society.

[–] MrBunnyVest 0 points 14 points (+14|-0) ago 

They don't see themselves as educators anymore, though they are holding that moral high ground with a death grip, so they don't care about wasting resources. They see students as paychecks, take whatever money they can get ( from the kids, their families, the government. ) and then pass them through. They take the money but give no education, just a piece of paper.

[–] webster_warrior 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

That starts in K-12.

[–] Gamio 0 points 1 points (+1|-0) ago 

Most of what they are trying to do is create "ideal" workers for industries that want someone with half a decades experience without paying for any of it or taking a chance at hiring someone. Thats maybe 30% of the education industries basic goal, the other 70% is to do as you said, get paid to make people who no one wants to hire.

[–] 17859981? 0 points 9 points (+9|-0) ago 

Worse of all, standards across the board are lowered to accommodate diversity so our best and brightest are essentially stunted.

[–] Blunt_Echo 0 points 3 points (+3|-0) ago 

The "best and brightest" will naturally rise to the top if they choose to do so. Universe has programmed this into the system and Nature ruthlessly executes the code. This will soon become readily apparent.